Deformed Circle in Polygon

Responder 
#1 - 11/02/2011 23:17:54 Reporta abuso | Link permanente
mhenson
Fecha de registro: 09/01/2011
7 posts en todos los foros
Deformed Circle in Polygon

Responder Citar
I have seen the explanation of why circles are deformed but it still does not make sense. In your documentation you say this:

"It is possible to emphasize polygons based on geographic points. For example, if we created a polygon of 4 degrees it will not be a perfect square on the screen, but a polygon with 4 sides whose distance between the center is the same. Therefore, the more to the poles, the more "deformed" the square will be, and the more to the equator, the more "perfect" the picture will be."

The map beneath the circle is not deformed and therefore the circle does not give an accurate depiction of a radius around a point (3 miles in my case). Isn't this a bug? Is there a way to make the circle round at any latitude?

Respuestas
De en 15
#2 - 18/02/2011 12:16:05 Reporta abuso | Link permanente
subgurim
Fecha de registro: 18/10/2006
2003 posts en todos los foros
RE: Deformed Circle in Polygon

Responder Citar
Ok, I'm going to answer the email now ;)

#3 - 17/02/2011 18:00:17 Reporta abuso | Link permanente
mhenson

Responder Citar
I don't know if the attached image is part of my post (I don't see anything after attaching it) so I will e-mail it.

#4 - 17/02/2011 17:56:38 Reporta abuso | Link permanente
mhenson

Responder Citar
Please look at the attached image which was rendered using the current version of your map control. It clearly shows a 3 mile radius around a point. Are you saying the map is correct? It’s clear that the horizontal axis is correct (when compared to the scale) but the vertical is not. I realize you think this is Google's problem but it a big problem for me. My users are getting incorrect information when they look at this map. Perhaps you could provide a new function in the control that would ignore the Google API and render a proper distance from a point?

#5 - 17/02/2011 17:54:25 Reporta abuso | Link permanente
mhenson

Responder Citar
Please look at the attached image which was rendered using the current version of your map control. It clearly shows a 3 mile radius around a point. Are you saying the map is correct? It’s clear that the horizontal axis is correct (when compared to the scale) but the vertical is not. I realize you think this is Google's problem but its a bigger problem for me. My users are getting incorrect information when they look at this map. Perhaps you could provide a new function in the control that would ignore the Google API and render a proper distance from a point?

#6 - 14/02/2011 20:10:13 Reporta abuso | Link permanente
subgurim
Fecha de registro: 18/10/2006
2003 posts en todos los foros

Responder Citar
Hi,

Sorry but it's not a bug. All it does is to replicate the original google maps api functionality
De en 15